If I can, I opt to commute by kick scooter. It might seem dorky or childish to some, but kick scooters truly are perfect urban transport solutions for Boston, a relatively flat city. Now I do like my electric scooter too for long (>2 mile commutes). But, let’s be honest, you don’t get much exercise on an electric vehicle. Kick scooting gives you a bit more huff and puff than walking without causing much sweat, particularly if your commute is peppered with slight downslopes. So, kick scooters rocks and here are seven reasons why:
- They are easy to fold and carry to an office, into a store, on a bus etc.
- Combine them with other types of transportation: walking, public transportation, driving…
- You can do it with young and old (I have seen many grandmothers pick up the sport to keep up with their grand kids)
- You don’t need a lot of balance to get started
- Get on and off them easily
- The risk of serious injuries is not as high as with bicycles (unless of course you are doing ramps and jumps).
- And, according to my 9 year old daughter: “It’s really really fun to ride”
If you commute two miles or less and have access to walking paths, consider a kick scooter.
If you live in the Boston-area, make an appointment to demo a full range of Micro kick scooters. Contact me here to make an appointment.
Would you try commuting with a kick scooter?
Absolutely agree with everything here) I use kick scooter for every day commuting more than 5 years already! Fun, fast and easy.
LikeLiked by 1 person